How to relieve sore throat
Sore throat can be rather slight but annoying or can be a symptom of an infection, either of the tonsils and pharynx. It´s a symptom that on numerous occasions is presents with the low temperatures and its can disappear with remedies home, resting or soothing.
When sore throat worsens it is usually caused by bacteria or viruses and therefore, faced with the persistence or worsening of the symptom, you should go to the doctor, who will make a diagnosis of what’s really wrong. Still going to your inquiry if the symptoms do not go away or decrease.
Here you are a tips so you know how to relieve sore throat whenever this is slight.
What do you need for How to relieve sore throat?
- Herbal teas
- Electric blanket
- A dill
- Hot drinks
Instructions for How to relieve sore throat
- Gargling. Put a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Mix well and drink it, without swallowing it. Keep it in the throat ones seconds, tilting the head towards back and gargling. Then, spit the liquid. Then, rinse the mouth so that you have not left bad taste. If you want a more powerful effect, put a dash of vinegar or lemon juice in water with salt.
- Herbal teas. Herbal teas are excellent for the sore throat because the herbal teas hydrate and soften to the provide water and by the active ingredients that contain, while heat providing a feeling of well-being. The eucalyptus, thyme and Rosemary teas, are very good.
- Heating pad. Take a gauze compress or a small cloth, in a plastic bag, or without it, and enter it in the microwave for one or two minutes and put it around your neck. You can use some pad, electric blanket, or a hot water bottle wrapped in a cloth bag on the throat.
- Chamomile compress. It is the same solution, a heating pad, but soaked in Chamomile tea. Wet gauze when it is warm, drains it so it does not drip and apply it to the throat or neck all the time you need.
- Candy. With or without analgesic, candies always help with sore throats, soften it and allow you to relieve the discomfort. Candy mint, honey and lemon and candy herbs, are the most common. Those candy that have analgesic are in the chapter of the drugs without recipe, and you must not take them during more than three days followed, for not masking that can be the symptom of a condition that must see the medical.
- Aerosols. They are drugs without prescription, and soothe the sore throat perfectly. You must read the instructions for them, and the pharmacist can advise and inform you appropriately.
- Sea salt and water. Mix two cups of sea salt and half a cup of warm water. Make a homogeneous paste and put it on a towel. Put the towel around the neck. Get over another dry towel. You have to be a long time with two towels, at least half an hour.
- Humidifier. Use a humidifier, to prevent the throat drying. You don´t use the humidifier in a cold room.
- Vapour water. Put to boil a cooking pot with water. When the water boils, put it in a container – you add it lemon, ginger or a bag of Chamomile-. Cover your head with a towel and put your face over the bowl and breathe the vapour water deeply. It is one of the most classic and more powerful remedies to improve and even cure sore throat.
- Analgesics. The fastest way to soothe a sore throat is to take a tablet of paracetamol or ibuprofen. You can also use aspirin, but not use it with children or adolescents under 20 years of age. It is important that you follow the instructions of the prospectus.
- Rest confortably. Sleep and rest will help you to improve the symptoms of sore throat. Try to spend twelve hours in bed to get it.
- Don’t eat or drink cold things. You don´t eat anything cold with sore throat, because the symptoms will worsen. It´s a good idea to take hot drinks, such as herbal teas, tea or milk. Is better to take the water from the tap or mineral, is at ambient temperature.
- Wash your hands. Frequent hand washing is a powerful prevention against sore throat, because through the hands we infected ourselves easily, as we play we face after touching all sorts of objects. It is a very important measure if you have a cold or a flu.
- Drink plenty of fluid. You drink a lot of water and other liquids, because water thins all mucous membranes inside of the throat and nostrils, eliminating dryness and ensuring general hydration of the body which helps fight infections, including those of the throat. It is recommended to drink two liters of water per day.
Tips for How to relieve sore throat
- Shower or bathe very often while you have sore throat, because the heat and steam will help you to reduce the symptom.
- It protects the neck at all times with a scarf in winter and with a handkerchief in summer, if it does not over heat.
- Watch the sore throat for three days, and if does not go away, or if you see before you have pain or fever (body temperature above 37 degrees) climb of intensity, go to your doctor.