How to make aloe vera juice
The Aloe Vera, or Sabila, is a plant that has become very popular over the last years by the sap properties. Aloe vera is often used in cosmetics and pharmacy for its healing properties. In fact, there are many creams, which contain aloe vera, to repair the skin, heal burns or finish with intestinal problems. In addition, the aloe vera is used to eat.
And is not a passing trend. In the ancient Egypt They already knew the healthy properties of this plant. The knowledge of aloe vera were reported in the Egyptians temples during the fourth millennium before Christ.
Aloe Vera is a variety of the Aloes family. There are currently registered about 250 varieties, but only 3 or 4 of this varieties has important medicinal properties. Those include the aloe vera.
Is usual find them on hot places, because they are plants that normally live in desert climates. It must not be forgotten that Aloe come from Arabia. However, they survive well in the terraces. We live in Madrid and we have two different types at home, and they are very good. In fact, they grow up very quickly in just 3 years. One of this plants has flowers all those years. In order to grow up happy, the ideal is that they are at temperatures above 10 degrees. We have discovered that the direct sunshine obscures their leaves but the cold of winter does not spoil them. It is best to take shelter from the cold or rain.
Aloe Vera Juice
A single aloe plant grows a lot. We have already made plant cuttings for all people we know. Its leaves are very fleshy and its juice is very healing. If you apply it directly on the skin after shave you, for example, not redness you will see. On the other hand, if you decide to prepare a juice with them, you will be able to tackle the poor digestion or gastric pain. Forget, today and forever to have stomach pain due to this wonderful plant. Although you can find aloe juice on sale in almost any shop or supermarket, we are going to teach you how to make your own aloe juice. In this way you make sure that it is 100% natural and is not adulterated with colourings or other chemicals.
I recommend that you do with a plant cutting and start your own plantation. They are very grateful and very nice when they grow. But remember that they grow very fast. One of our pots already weighs almost 40 kg. You may transplant it at least once in their lifetime. Let’s see how to do it.
What do you need for How to make aloe vera juice?
We are going to need
- 1 Aloe Vera plant
- Honey (optional)
- 1 orange
- ½ lemon
The recipe that we give you is for 1 person. It increases the number of fruits and aloe vera on a proportional basis if you want to do more.
Instructions for How to make aloe vera juice
Step by step for elaboration
- Cut a couple of not-very-large Aloe Vera leaves. When you have the own plant, you will see that the leaves too close and they forming small colonies. You should try to take a leave of the sides, to avoid damage to the plant, and cut as closely as possible to the stem. As soon as you pick up one of their leaves with your hands you will see that it starts to drop a kind of gelatinous liquid. So bulky appearance of aloe vera is because they have a fleshy heart composed of that substance. We will use this wise to make our juices and aesthetic treatments.
- Then wash the leaves in the sink to remove all traces of dust that may have to be outdoors. Then, we dry them carefully using a kitchen cloth.
- Then, put the leaves in a wooden board and remove the small spines that have them. We use a knife to scraping them. Although they do not prick, in this way we will not do us harm unintentionally.
- Then we take the knife and we make a line from the base to the leaves to the tip. In this way, we can open more easily the leaves with the hands and extract the juice. Only interested in the gelatinous substance. You do not take unintentionally the yellow coating that is beneath the rind. It may cause decomposition and diarrhea.
- With a spoon, we take the liquid and pour it into a measuring cup with care.
- Then we start half an orange and a lemon. In a juicer, we squeeze the two parts of orange and lemon part. Then pour the juice that we have prepared in the measuring cup.
- Now we just have to blend all the ingredients until they join together. If you want, you can add a tablespoon of honey to make it sweeter and delicious taste. We’ll have our perfect energy juice ready to cope with colds and prevent stomach aches.
- If you have left aloe vera, you can keep it in the refrigerator without problems. You only need to cover with albal paper the part that was exposed after cutting and draining gelatin.