How to cure a spur with home remedies
It is known as spur or calcaneal spur to a calcification of the heel that may cause mild to moderate pain. This usually appears because of the postures that we use when we walk or because of the use unsuitable shoes that do not help our foot to move with correction. As well, stay many hours standing can also make them to appear.
The reason that causes the appearance of the spurs is the overweight on the heels. This doesn’t mean that we suffer it in general, but that we force to a very small area of our body, they are the plants of ours feet, to endure the weight of all our body during too many hours followed. If to this we add a way of walking not too correct and a shoe that does not help, the spur will be shown for sure. It is possible to have spurs but that, initially, we not realize it. It is at the moment in which the fascia becomes inflamed when we really started to feel pain and we are aware that something does not work well with our feet. Thereafter we began to suffer what is commonly known as fasciitis plant, a fairly acute pain in the sole that prevents us from walking with fluidity. This malaise will be precisely which lead us to visit a doctor, because walking will become from the time in which we begin to suffer from fasciitis in a real odyssey.
The way to find out if we have a spur is to visit to our family doctor. He will perform a diagnostic base on x-rays where the spurs are easily visible. They may occur on both feet at the same time, although they do not necessarily have to cause pain in the two. Or maybe neither of them has painful areas. In this case it is very likely that we have them and not never know of its existence, unless, for some reason, we are forced make us a foot x-ray.
Instructions for How to cure a spur with home remedies
Can a spur be treated with home remedies?
Yes, there are remedies that allow us to make facing the spurs and they are very simple of perform. You will not need much time nor ability to carry them out. If you want to know how to do this, read the next post.
- Avoid activities that involves an exertion of the heel, as jogging or be standing long hours without moving. How much less aggressive activities against this part of the body you perform, more your feet will thank you. However, if due to your work you can not avoid spending long periods of standing, trying to walk from time to time to avoid that the weight stays always concentrated in the same area. In addition, avoid holding the weight on one foot and balance between the two. If you can, escape at some point to the bathroom and give you a massage from the heel to the tip of the foot. As well as improving circulation it will make you feel a little bit more rested and you could deal with the rest of the day harder.
- Spa foot bath. Although it seems a junk out of the underworld, I assure you that it works. When you come back from a hard day’s work, fill it and put it into action. If you do not have a minute free for use it, plugging it while you do your dinner and relax watching a television program or talking with your family about the developments that have occurred during the day.
- Place ice on the affected area. The ice is an ideal friend for lowering the inflammations of any part of the body. If you notice that your spurs are especially unruly, I recommend that you apply them some ice, but never directly. The best thing is that you wash a little your feet with warm water and soap as soon as you get home. Dry them well and get on you some clean socks. Then go to the kitchen, take some cubes of ice and put them inside a bag of frozen. Then wrapped the bag with a freshly washed cotton kitchen towel and apply it directly on the affected area. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes. After that time you’ll see how you notice an enormous relief in the spur. If you can’t stand the continued cold, occasionally lifted the cloth with the bag and squeeze a little less hard against your skin.
- Practice exercises with your feet. There are many exercises that will help you to relieve the pain and will not take you to long. You can make them at home during free moments. Among the most prominent are
- Ball of recovery. You can find them in Decathlon. They serve to relax muscles and improve the circulation. Place it under the sole of the foot and make it roll from the heel to the toes. You should insist over the areas where it hurts you more. Their small bumps are going to immediately alleviate you. Do the same movement with both feet for about five minutes.
- Do stretching of the heel. For this, supports your hands on the edge of a table and stretches the trunk. Then, lean toward the table by bending one leg while you hold the other stretched. Be sure to keep the heel of this leg stuck to the ground as much as possible. While doing this movement and increasing the bending of the other leg, you will notice a light tension in them calf muscle of the leg that remains stretched. When you feel this, you’ll have acquired the proper posture. You try to hold it for 15 seconds. Do approximately 10 repetitions with each leg. Continue flexing until you notice a light tension on the calf of the leg that is stretched.
- Massage your foot with the shin of your other leg. You should try to do blends with your foot, moving the sole from heel to toes around the shin. This way you will activate the muscles of the foot and make you relax. Do this exercise for about 4 minutes with each foot.
- Be constant with these exercises that I have explained. If you practice them daily in the tranquility of your home, you will see relief soon, but it is important that you do them every day for it to work. It will not take you more than 10 minutes and you will feel much more rested.
- Use orthopaedic insoles. A simple way to avoid that the spurs will turn bigger or that generate pain is to use insoles. You should think that what causes the spur appears is the increasing of weight in the affected area. As well, using some templates that downloaded that zone we can avoid the problem increase and turn worse. They will help us to download of stress the area and improve our way of walking. There are many models. The most advisable for this type of condition is one that has a kind of ball of gel in the calcaneal area relaxing this part of our foot. Once you begin to use them you will see that the relief is almost immediate. You’ll see how to begin to put them in all your shoes.
- Use splints at night. These splints help us to maintain the fascia extend thanks to its simple system while we are resting or sleeping. You can find them at market at very different prices. There are many people who find them somewhat uncomfortable and they do not help them in excess, while to others it relaxes them a lot.
- Use acupuncture. You can visit a specialist who will help you to reduce your discomfort thanks to acupuncture, an alternative treatment that belongs to Chinese medicine. It works by the insertion of fine needles into acupuncture points to prevent disease and improve health.